A4Ace Grade level enrichment series covers the below topics along with detailed explanations.
We cover school curriculam and more , including challenge level questions. Content is divided across weeks aligned to school calender year. At the end of each unit students take assessments to measure their learning and test skills. All our practice sets and assessments can be taken any number of times within the one year subscription period. Your one stop enrichment place.
Algebra 1 and honours Mathematics Curriculum
Unit 1 – Expressions & Operations
- Evaluate numerical expressions
- Evaluate expressions with substitution of variables
- Assessment 1
Unit 2 – Equations & Inequalities
- Solve equations & inequalities
- Use algebraic representations to solve real-world problems.
- Recap One step linear equations
- Two step linear equations
- Multiple step linear equations
- Recap One step linear inequality
- Two step linear inequalities
- Multiple step linear inequality
- Assessment 2
Unit 2 – Slope and Mid-point
- Finding the slope given two points
- Finding slope given a line drawn on coordinate plane
- Missing coordinates
- Midpoint of a straight line.
- Find the coordinate given the mid-point
- Assessment 3
Unit 4 – Lines
- Slope intercept form of the straight line
- Standard form of the straight line
- Point slope form of the straight line
- Parallel lines of the straight line
- Perpendicular lines of the straight line
- Assessment 4
Unit 2 – Functions
The student will investigate and analyze linear and quadratic function families for the below :
- Determining whether a relation is a function;
- Domain and Range;
- Zero’s function
- x-intercepts and y-intercepts
- Values of a function for elements in its domain using verbal descriptions, tables, equations, and graphs
- Graph a linear equation
- Graph a linear Inequality
- Assessment 5
Unit 9 – Variations
- Direct and Inverse variations
- Real-world situations with direct and inverse variation
- Line of best fit
- Assessment 6
Unit 5 – Systems of Equations & Inequalities
- Graph the system of linear equations to find solution.
- Graph the system of linear inequalities to find solution.
- Solve the System of equations algebraically
- Solve the System of inequalities algebraically
- Real world problems
- Assessment 7
Unit 6 – Exponents & Radicals
- Simplify exponential expressions using properties of exponents
- Simplifying radical equations ( square roots ,cube roots and nth roots )
- Simplifying algebraic Radical equations
- Assessment 8
Unit 7 – Polynomials
- Polynomial addition,
- Polynomial subtraction,
- Polynomial multiplication,
- Polynomial division
- Polynomial factoring.
- Assessment 9
Unit 8 – Quadratics
- Quadratic functions
- Solve quadratic equations
- Quadratic curve of best fit for the given set of data.
- Assessment 10
- Challenge Problem set 1
- Challenge Problem set 2
- Quantitaive Reasoning
Final Assessment 1
Final Assessment 2
Test Scores & Detailed Solutions :
At the end of each practice or test, you can see score and can review your answers. In addition, the key also shows which answers were answered wrongly and by navigating through questions in key you can view solutions for each question. Your child can review the mistakes and learn from it. This will help in improving the test scores.
Students can take and retake the practice and tests as many times as needed.
a4ace Video Academy: (Coming Up..)
Students’ dashboard and Parent dashboard will show the Analytics on the number of times tests are taken and the time it took and more. This analysis will help them to practice more in the areas of need and improve the scores in real test.
Math-Knots is the registered trademark of Math-Knots LLC.
A4Ace is part of math-Knots LLC.
All content as part of Math-Knots educational aids as an online plat form or printed books are copyrighted.