Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test™
Type: Group-administered Algebra placement test
Purpose: To assess student readiness for Algebra 1
Number of questions : 40
Time: 40 minutes
This test is used to determine placement in higher level mathematics courses. If you want the child to be on track for taking AP or IB math classes in high school, your child needs to get a high score on the IAAT test.
IAAT™ Fifth Edition test contains 60 questions and is divided into four parts:
- Part 1: Pre-Algebraic Number Skills and Concepts – How well students understand the mathematical skills and concepts necessary to succeed in an algebra course
- Part 2: Interpreting Mathematical Information – How well students can learn new materials presented in graphs or text
- Part 3: Representing Relationships – Students’ abilities to find formulas for numerical relationships
- Part 4: Using Symbols – How well students understand important symbols of algebra and how they are used
Our practice tests build on mathematical concepts covered over the course of elementary school-level coursework. Pre-Algebra will guide you through among other things integers, one-step equations, inequalities and equations, graphs and functions, percentages, probabilities. Also covers basics of geometry and right triangles.
Test Prep Packages contain:
- Full length practice tests ( All four sections combined )
- Simulating real test practice questions and more
- Timed drills for speed and accuracy
- Concepts and strategies for the test
- Detailed answer explanations
- Test-taking tips for each question type
A score in the 91st percentile means your child scored better than 90% of students on the Iowa test. Percentile rankings range from 1-99; the average rank in the U.S. is 50th percentile.
We are proud to share that our students have been traditionally scoring 97-99th percentile.
Enrollment in Algebra 1 Honors in FCPS 7th grade is based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the Advanced Mathematics Grade 6 curriculum or a year-long accelerated mathematics program
- Score at or above the 91st percentile on the Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test™ (IAAT™)
- Score a pass advanced (500 or above) on the grade 7 mathematics Standards of Learning (SOL) test
Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test is administered to FCPS 6th grade students in January for placement in Algebra 1.
A similar test is administered to LCPS 5th grade students for placement in Pre-Algebra 1.
Texas: Grade 7 students are administered in April-May
Math-Knots is the registered trademark of Math-Knots LLC. A4Ace is part of math-Knots LLC. All content as part of Math-Knots educational aids as an online plat form or printed books are copyrighted.
© 2022 Riverside Assessments, LL is a registered trademark of riverside insights which is neither affiliated nor endorses the content on a4ace.com